Senior Software Engineer – DevOps
The Senior Software Engineer – DevOps (SSE) is part of a team working on configuration management activities which support IDS applications.
This includes planning, executing software builds and deployments for development landscapes and cloud-based product solutions. Working closely with developers and testers to set up environment configurations in different development settings and coordinating product upgrades with the technical services team. The SSE develops and delivers product installation software.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms; this includes client and server install scripts, and build and release automation scripts
- Creates, maintains and executes deployment strategies for cloud-based product solutions
- Develops and maintains product installers utilizing Install4J
- Defines and identifies product configuration requirements throughout the product development lifecycle
- Recognizes and recommends opportunities to improve efficiency within DevOps processes. Plan and implement approved efficiencies
- Mentors team members on DevOps best practices
- Collaborates with development and QA teams to setup, deploy, configure, and support environments
- Performs bundling of product releases and distribution
- Maintains and supports internal development and test environments
Travel Expectations: May require occasional travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (CS), or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years’ DevOps experience with cloud/SaaS deployment architecture and 3+ years’ Java software development and/or IT support experience required
- Experience deploying product software with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience maintaining landscapes with VMware VSphere
- Experience using Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience using Apache Tomcat and IIS
- Experience using Docker, Puppet, Chef or similar tools
- Experience working with Install4J or similar installation development tools
- Experience with agile development practices, use of Kanban is a plus.
- Knowledge of Groovy, Gradle, Ant, or similar languages used for scripts a plus
- Knowledge of Bamboo, Jira, and Perforce is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, UniData database or similar databases (PICK or UniVerse) is a plus
- Demonstrated customer service experience, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision or as part of a team
International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. International Decision Systems, Inc.’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value International Decision System, Inc. for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At International Decision Systems, Inc. you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
220 South Sixth Street Suite 700, Minneapolis, MN