Senior Software Engineer (19-182)
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
Summary: The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The SSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The SSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The SSE will own and components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Scrum team to develop Spok’s new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems
- Stay current with new technology trends.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Strong experience with .NET and C#
- Experience with AWS
- Experience developing secure software
- Experience with Python
- Experience with API Gateway
- Experience with relational databases and DynamoDB
- Experience writing tests that exercise Cloud based/SaaS applications.
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Understanding of Docker is a plus
- Experience with serverless computing is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
10400 Yellow Cir Dr, Eden Prairie, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].