Senior Software Engineer
Changepoint’s barometerIT product is a cloud-based, crowd-sourced solution for the management, governance, planning, and audit of business architecture and enterprise architecture concerns. In a nutshell, it is a platform for creating and maintaining a graph-based “map” of any enterprise. In the coming years, we expect to double-down on graph-based analytics and intelligence.
As a Senior Software Engineer for our barometerIT product, you will work closely with product management to translate customer needs into killer features. You will identify and implement key technology components to enhance the platform, and exercise design and coding skills both inside and outside the bounds of an existing "best practices" application stack. You will collaborate with your engineering peers to deliver a robust cloud-based offering.
Changepoint is looking for developers who have or who are interested in developing a proficiency in both front-end and back-end technologies. Interest in constraint analytics a bonus. The Minneapolis office operates very much like a small startup: a willingness to "wear more than one hat" is a plus.
We’re a small, fun team in a vibrant area of Northeast Minneapolis. We have a flexible work environment. We’re goals-focused without a whole lot of corporate overhead. Dog-friendly.
- Design, develop, and support front-end and back-end features.
- Design architecture and modules. Maintain code quality. Refresh technology.
- Develop and style UI components.
- Author technical design and documentation.
- Engineer build pipelines and continuous integration (npm, Gulp, Maven, Ant, Atlassian Bitbucket, etc.).
- Repository and branch management.
- Configuration and deployment engineering (Chef, etc.).
- Participate in product rollouts (deployments).
- Participate as needed with Customer Support issues.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES Our Minneapolis team is a small team where each person must wear many hats. You will have the opportunity to participate in many activities, to a greater or lesser extent. In the following areas, you will have the opportunity to participate, but not be expected to assume main responsibility.
- Automate front and back-end QA.
- Manage integration projects, design and develop integrations.
- Virtual infrastructure design, planning, and development (build-out).
- Development and test environment deployment.
- Test product features.
- Participate periodically in manual QA.
- Provide expert product feature assistance.
- Data integrity analysis.
- Key backend technologies include Java, Spring, Hibernate, Solr, Neo4j, MySQL, and ActiveMQ.
- Frontend build environment includes Node.js, npm, gulp, git, etc.
- Back-end build environment is largely Maven.
- Having or developing a proficiency with other JVM languages (e.g. Kotlin, Groovy, Scala) is desirable.
- Proficiency or willingness to engage with CQL (Cypher) and SQL.
- Virtual infrastructure is Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- At least 4 years development experience with transactional Web applications.
- Familiarity with technologies in the front-end and server-side stacks, and a willingness to cross over.
- Experience with RESTful and/or WSDL-based interface (API) technologies.
- Familiarity with and an ability to take a meaningful part in discussions regarding end-to-end Web application architectures.
- Experience with the corresponding development tools.
- A demonstrable focus on product quality and performance in your areas of technical expertise.
- An interest in and willingness to question feature value proposition (the problem domain is enterprise IT management).
- Ability to reliably estimate and scope work -- to set expectations, then deliver.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, combined with a willingness and sense of responsibility towards team and customer.
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].