Senior Software Engineer
This Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to impact our Field Nation product through creating and designing new features, delivering on the product roadmap releases, and working collaboratively across the organization to continuously build up our product.
This critical position will be a key member of a new product offering. You will participate in the discovery, definition, and delivery of this offering. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What You’ll Work On:
- Cutting edge technology SaaS solution hosted on AWS that enables today's and tomorrow’s Gig economy.
- Frontend built with React and Redux.
- Backend built on PHP, MySQL and increasingly NodeJS based microservices, exposed via REST API
- Components built and deployed using Docker containers managed by Kubernetes.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with product management, UX and our customers to craft user focused solutions.
- Architect and implement scalable, secure and reliable solutions.
- Assist in preparing technical specs for development by other developers.
- Bring fresh ideas on how technology can be used to solve big problems.
What You'll Need:
- Full-stack development experience of at least 3 years.
- Strong background in PHP and understanding of MVC as well as service-oriented architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (MySQL specifically is a plus).
- Ability to write clean standards-compliant HTML and CSS. Preprocessor experience (LESS/SASS) a plus.
- Familiarity with Git version control system.
- Knowledge of Linux or other Unix-based systems (Ubuntu/Debian is a plus).
- Experience with Web Services based solutions (REST specifically).
- Experience building highly available web applications.
- Experience with Microservice architecture is a plus.
- Broad technical knowledge – we look for people who can tie together technologies to solve really big problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and across teams.
- Ability to break down larger initiatives into manageable components.
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Why Field Nation: At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility
733 Marquette Avenue S, #800, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.