Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead
Who are our employees? At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
- You have outstanding problem-solving skills and years of experience demonstrating them
- You likely have a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or have received related training
- You are an excellent communicator, written and verbal
- You are comfortable leading software architecture discussions for the features you’ll design and implement
- Your ability to lead and contribute to a technical discussion mirrors your ability to listen and learn from your peers
- You’re more than comfortable at the command line and use it daily
- Technologies come and go, but your passion for learning technologies and applying them to the right projects will make you successful in this position
- Demonstrated experience using, shipping, and supporting these or similar technologies
- Full understanding of REST and how to use it with large object graphs
- Strong database skills with SQL and NoSQL
- Disciplined in writing valid unit tests
- Previously lead a agile scrum team
- Knowledge of continuous integration and experience supporting it
- Intimate knowledge and experience working with git: branching, merging, pull requests, etc
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a distributed team
What makes you stand out.
- Hibernate/Postgresql experience
- Cassandra experience
- A deep understanding of native iOS and Android Mobile Development
Responsibilities of the role
- To work closely with the Director of Engineering and peer Leads to identify and champion system architecture changes. This position requires some travel both within the U.S and potentially outside of the U.S.
- To work side-by-side with Product Managers to ensure that we deliver to our clients and members a quality product that surpasses their expectations, and in a timely manner
- Responsible for the deliverables of a cross functional team which includes Web, API and Mobile developers
- Leading the technical choices and implementations alongside peers
- Mentoring engineers and sharing knowledge and experiences
- Upholding, advocating and contributing to the Virgin Pulse development standards
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised
- Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here? To change businesses and lives for good. That means our people don't just 'go to work'; they spend each day with like-minded, driven colleagues who have passion and want to deliver on this important promise. Our culture is fast-paced, innovative, dynamic and seriously fun. Lots of companies have a ping pong table; we actually use ours! We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle, regularly get together for social events and have some pretty nice benefits (think paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements, annual bonus, investment in your career development, Virgin Tribe membership).
920 2nd Avenue South Suite 1000, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.