Senior Solution Architect
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Solutions Architect you partner with IT, Operations and business stakeholders to lead development of the end to end technical solution architecture for high complexity and high risk IT initiatives (i.e. $1 million - $20 million). This position is primarily responsible for the creation of the solution approach, rationalization of the solution, presentation/communication of said solution, and guides the delivery teams on implementation.
What will you do?
- Assess and analyze business strategy, business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs.
- Define end to end technical solutions that takes into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet program timeline, budget and quality.
- Acts as the lead technical authority on the program, and is responsible for planning all activities leading to the development of the overall solution architecture.
- Works across multiple functional teams (data, security, infrastructure, development, etc.) to ensure that all aspects of the solution architecture are captured, defined and communicated
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to closure.
- Facilitates small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area of study (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or equivalent work experience in a solution architecture capacity.
- Total IT experience of at least 10 years, out of which 5 years doing solution architecture on large projects.
- Solid experience across a variety of technologies and design approaches (e.g. J2EE, .NET, cloud, mid-range, vendor packaged and/or hosted solutions, multi-technology platform applications, human/document workflow, SOA, data analytics, security, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience with program/projects involving complex integration of disparate types of technologies/platforms and large cross functional technical teams
- Exceptional communication skills required to visualize, depict, and convey complex concepts to a broadly diverse audience including technical and business audiences
- Experience in the financial industry, particularly with securities brokerage, is desired and a consulting background is also preferred
- Advanced degrees, IT industry involvement, or highly varied technical experience
- Experience with designing and implementing cloud-based architectural solutions
- Experience with mobile technology design/development, big data analytics, and/or designing transactional systems
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients’ first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust