Senior System Test Engineer
The Senior System Test Engineer (19-121) role entails interoperability and performance testing across Spok products and clinical application software which may be interconnected via wireless/wired network. In this role, you will research, design, and develop tests that require knowledge across the domains of multiple system technologies and embedded systems. This role will drive system level test strategy across distributed teams in a highly-regulated healthcare environment. This role will enable automated test solutions for the applications they support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure software meets quality standards by designing test methods, driving test planning, monitoring test execution, and issue tracking.
- Author tests and test automation, perform code reviews, and contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise. Maintain documentation of test results; analyze test results and recommend resolutions.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Document test plans and adherence to those plans for internal and compliance purposes.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Work collaboratively within a team framework to accomplish design goals set by team and development management
- Plan and organize automated testing activities around project needs and timelines
- Provide technical leadership in developing test automation for the system level tests across multiple Spok products and clinical application software
- Act as subject matter expert in reporting status to test engineering leadership and site management detailing issues, risks, mitigations, and results
- Optimizes solutions from a multi-system point of view by taking into account the effect of any change on other parts of the systems and supporting functions
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong Experience designing architecture for service and API testing
- Strong Experience in Behavior Driven Development testing frameworks
- Strong Experience working with continuous integration tools to monitor test automation (Jenkins).
- Strong Experience writing tests that exercise Cloud based/SaaS applications.
- Experience authoring tests using frameworks like Gherkin and Cucumber
- Understanding .NET, C#, and .NET Core
- Understanding of Java
- Working knowledge of defining requirements in ALMs (Jira, CodeBeamer).
- Working knowledge of performance and scalability testing.
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to evolving products and methodologies.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic.• Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
10400 Yellow Cir Dr, Eden Prairie, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.