Senior Systems Analyst (IBMi platform)
DAHL Consulting has a great contract Senior Systems Analyst (IBMi platform) position with our Fortune 500 powersports client Polaris Industries in Plymouth, MN. Requires experience with IBMi based ERP or ASI ERP solutions.
The Sr. Systems Analyst will work on projects related to the creation, modification and support of the Sales, Warranty, Warehouse management functions within Polaris Operations Applications group. You are responsible for the high-level design and integration of software development by effectively partnering with business users, project managers and application developers. You will analyze existing business processes and data flows to develop systems designs, delivery roadmaps and integrations to other systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Systems Design, Validation and Implementation -
- Lead design and implementation activities for complex project by partnering with other Systems Analysts
- Transforms the project requirements into software design
- Documents functional/technical design specifications for software developers/programmers including database layouts; application modules; and user interface mock-ups
- Collaborate with other systems analysis and project managers to get the design reviewed.
- Write test scenarios, perform system testing and lead user acceptance testing cycles
- Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
- Work with users and co-workers to manage a project from concept through testing and rollout
- Insures compliance with SOX
Gathering Requirements and Analysis:
- Analyzes current and future state business processes
- Evaluates alternatives and formulates system scope and objectives to create or modify an application
- Leads in producing deliverables including business process flows; use cases; and storyboards
- Facilitates project and administrative meetings
System and User Support:
- Provides day-to-day application support to business users
- Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues
- Understands technology and systems infrastructure
- Work with users on functional requirements, development and implementation plans
- Document and trains users on system processes and changes
- Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
- Value and embrace teamwork and joint collaboration and be responsible for successful completion of tasks
Required: 5+ years of experience in an analyst role performing system analysis and writing functional and technical specifications in the IBMi (iSeries/AS400) platform.
- 5+ years of experience with analyzing RPG ILE programs and creating functional or technical specifications.
- Understands and experienced with Order to Cash and warehouse management business processes.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experienced with integration projects with multiple platforms
- Experience with JDA WMS (Red Prairie) warehouse management system.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.