Software Engineer - Backend Developer
SportsEngine is looking for a Backend Developer to enhance our platform. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of writing solid, heavily trafficked, production quality code with experience in Ruby, preferably Rails, and some Angular. Candidates must be available to work onsite in our Minneapolis office.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes through Sports. In addition to teaching them about their sports, they also impact their lives by teaching them lifelong values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these athletes. To us, they are heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship.
We're one of Minnesota's Top 100 Companies to Work For, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of heroes.
As a member of the Development team at SportsEngine, you'll......
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to create great user experiences
- Help identify better practices, tools, and relevant trends that can positively influence the SportsEngine platform we create
- Diagnose and debug issues
This is the perfect role for you if have......
- 4+ years building rich internet applications
- 2+ years professional experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with agile development techniques including test-driven development and priority-based planning
- Solid object-oriented design skills, knowledge of software patterns, and experience modeling data-driven applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with designers and other developers
- An independent and self-motivated nature with the ability to work on a team and/or leading a team of developers
- A desire to master the art of software design
Preferably, you will have strong knowledge and experience with the following.....
Equal Employment Opportunity: SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Minneapolis - NE