Software Engineer - Front End Developer
SportsEngine, a leader in the youth sports technology space is growing our product development team in Minneapolis with the addition of a Front-End Developer.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes through sports. In addition to teaching them about sports, they also impact their lives by teaching them lifelong values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other with respect.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these athletes. To us, they’re heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's top 100 Companies to work for, provide some of the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of heroes.
Software Engineer Role and Responsibilities:Join a group of system thinkers and focus on front-end development efforts that will have a significant impact for other engineers and our end-users. You will...
- Integrate with an engineering team that delivers new working code daily in an agile development environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX designers, architects, product managers, and other software engineers to develop across a portfolio of SportsEngine applications.
- Code reusable application components using TypeScript, Angular, and SCSS for SportsEngine’s internal UI Component Library.
- Support strategic initiatives to reduce front-end technical debt and developer friction to ensure the SportsEngine platform is modern, fast, and delightful to work with.
- Build and support interfaces that impact all areas of our platform such as user login and navigation.
Software Engineer Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience building web applications with a focus on front-end for desktop, tablet, and mobile environments and are fluent in industry standards.
- Operate with a pragmatic, team-oriented attitude.
- Exhibit a deep respect for your craft and value building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
- Experience using Git in a collaborative setting.
- Familiarity with testing best practices including unit and integration tests.
Bonus points if you...
- Have knowledge of TypeScript, Angular, and Webpack.
- Have familiarity with Ruby and Node.js.
- Have experience with GitHub and Jira.
- Coding Bootcamp (with a focus on front-end) or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is awesome, but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
807 Broadway ST NE, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].