Software Engineer- Messaging Services
The Software Engineer is a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The Software Engineer will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The Software Engineer will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Scrum team to develop Spok’s new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 2 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Technical Skills: JAVA, C#, AWS IoT Gateway, Databases, REST, Dynamo DB, API Gateway
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with GIT
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience testing middleware applications
- Experience developing and testing web services
- Clinical/Healthcare background
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, status as a covered veteran, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected characteristic.• Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
10400 Yellow Cir Dr, Eden Prairie, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.