A leading publisher of children’s materials for library, classroom, and trade seeks a Software Engineer to join our global software team in Edina, MN.
Capstone combines a passion for helping foster a powerful love of reading and learning with the talent to create award-winning books and media. Our library products are found in every school library nationwide and in children’s sections of public libraries around the country. Our trade products are found in retail outlets throughout the world and are designed to foster a love of reading through engaging nonfiction and fiction content. Our rapidly growing classroom segment provides cutting edge instructional resources steeped in Common Core State Standards and standards for grade-level content, focused on research-based best practices for teaching and learning.
The Software Engineer works within the Software Development team to help define and develop applications for a range of product development needs. This position will be expected to work as a team member of an Agile SCRUM team. This will require doing peer or pair programming, helping define user stories, participating in all Agile ceremonies and pulling and working user stories to completion.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. The preferred candidate will write code, primarily using the LEMP stack, but will use a wide variety of languages and frameworks. The following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities are required of this position:
- Knowledge of other programming languages like C# or Objective C.
- Ability to code HTML and CSS for desktop and mobile-ready websites
- Have done database design and relationships. Knowledge of big data.
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues in large systems.
- Familiarity of data security.
- Break requirements/stories into tasks
- Assist other team members when needed
- Be an effective contributor to a development team
- Understand schedule of work and prioritize against that schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective demonstrate team culture and continuous process improvement
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, and a rewarding work environment. Our wages are competitive; we offer training; and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check Required
151 Good Counsel Drive PO Box 669, Mankato, MN 56002