Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. The mission of the Flipgrid Team is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers tens of millions of learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridFever on Twitter!
Based on those efforts, we are broadening beyond education to commercial and consumer experiences to shape social learning through authentic discussion and short-form video at Microsoft and beyond.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
As an API Engineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the API team and work with the larger Flipgrid organization to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Write clean and maintainable code that is efficient and reusable.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Willingness to work on the entire stack from back to front.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow best practices (continuous integration, TDD, code standards).
- Strong ability to collaborate with front-end clients/consumers.
- 2+ years of Ruby or Rails experience with an emphasis on building, maintaining, and testing large-scale applications.
- 2+ years of experience delivering solutions leveraging Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- 1+ year experience delivering high traffic and scalable public facing applications.
- A strong working knowledge of building and maintaining REST APIs.
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- A self-motivated and self-directed work ethic.
- Strong working knowledge of the AWS or Azure suite.
- Experience with message queueing protocols (SQS, RabbitMQ, or equivalent).
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Experience working with video encoders and codecs.
- Strong working knowledge running applications on Linux.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks Industry leading healthcare - Savings and investments - Giving programs Educational resources - Maternity and paternity leave - Opportunities to network and connect - Discounts on products and services - Generous time away
8300 Norman Center Dr., Suite 950, Bloomington, MN 55437
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].