Software Engineer, Customer Support
International Decision Systems, Group (IDS) is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India. IDS has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide.
IDS customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
About the Team: The Development Support team is a collaborative, fast-paced team of professionals that utilizes their technical expertise and advanced product knowledge to provide innovative solutions to our growing customer base. IDS products are critical to the success of our customers’ business operations and they depend on the Development Support team to be responsive, creative, and skilled at complex problem solving and software issue resolution.
About the Position:
The Software Engineer, Customer Support provides individual technical support on software incidents in IDS product offerings for mission critical front-end originations workflow. This application is a standard three-tier architecture. The web-based user interface has been developed with Delphi for maximum development efficiency. The Software Engineer researches issues, communicates with our customers, and implements solutions based on business requirements. In addition, the Software Engineer uses their technical ability to resolve problems ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to organizational policies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers and other IDS team members regarding the status of issues
- Perform complex systems analysis and programming activities in support of IDS product offerings
- Provide high quality support to our customers, both internal and external
- Conduct unit and integration testing for developed functionality in IDS product offerings
- Perform defect verification and release testing for assigned products
- Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects simultaneously
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- May require occasional travel to client sites or other IDS offices in support of IDS product offerings Up to 10%
About You: Required Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in software development and customer service, ideally providing service to external or third-party clients
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Knowledge in web service technologies, Java, C#, Oracle, SQL Server, and Delphi
- Experience with Object Oriented Development standards
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and pay strong attention to details
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related preferred, or equivalent experience
- Origination and workflow software management professional experience is a plus.
220 South Sixth Street Suite 700, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.