Software Engineer II - iOS
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. The mission of the Flipgrid Team is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers tens of millions of learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridFever on Twitter!
Based on those efforts, we are broadening beyond education to commercial and consumer experiences to shape social learning through authentic discussion and short-form video at Microsoft and beyond.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
As an iOS engineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the mobile team and work with the larger Flipgrid team to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Deliver iOS experiences that are highly crafted and rewarding to the Flipgrid community.
- Collaborate with mobile, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature or service.
- Continued ability to deliver experiences that are user-focused and adhere to accessibility standards.
- Work with the product development team in driving innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- 2-3 years of iOS development experience.
- Experience developing features and experiences for medium-to-large-scale applications.
- Strong experience developing world-class applications in Xcode using Swift.
- Strong understanding of data persistence/database frameworks (Realm, Core Data, SQLite).
Bonus Credit for:
- Experience in media capturing, editing, and playback using AVFoundation.
- Strong working knowledge of the UIKit helper APIs such as SnapKit, PureLayout, and/or Cartography.
- Experience with CoreAnimation and similar frameworks and libraries.
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks (XCTest, Appium and UIAutomation).
- Knowledge of security and compliance regulations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
8300 Norman Center Dr., Suite 950, Bloomington, MN 55437
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].