Each day hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes though sports. In addition to teaching athletes about their sports, these volunteers also impact athletes’ lives by teaching them lifelong values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteers’ lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organizations and more time putting smiles on the faces of athletes. To us, they are heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's Top 100 Companies to Work For, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of heroes.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and evolve mission-critical legacy applications and architectures.
- Own and drive project initiatives and technical direction.
- Facilitate meetings to gather, socialize, and refine technical solutions.
- Collaborate with product owners, architects, designers, and developers.
- Craft and communicate technical vision verbally and through diagrams, flowcharts, layouts, and charts.
- Research and recommend open-source software or third-party tools.
- Continuously strive to improve the software development process.
- Work within an agile, continuous deployment development environment.
- Provide aid and support to other departments in the use of software.
- Stay up to date on the latest programming techniques and development tools.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years' experience developing using Ruby on Rails is a must.
- 5 years' experience developing internet applications is a must.
- Experience with graph databases and queries is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Angular is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with message queuing protocols is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with jRuby and Java is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Jira and GitHub is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Strong communication and creativity skills.
- Strong technical design skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Equal Employment Opportunity: SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
807 Broadway ST NE, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.