Software Engineering Manager
Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join our growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll work as part of a large Engineering group consisting of Software, QA, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and support the Total Expert platform and integrations. We’re looking a manager who excels at managing multi-disciplined agile teams through projects creating and supporting cloud-based software using cutting edge software development tools and technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Product team and other Software management to set overall project priorities, manage software related aspects of projects, assign development team members, and provide day-to-day technical work direction for a team of highly-capable Software and Quality Assurance Analysts.
- Assists team members with problem analysis, estimating, software design, development, and testing of the Total Expert product and customer related projects.
- Collaborate with other engineering and product teams to ensure seamless integration with product roadmap and delivery schedule.
- Drive and develop the team’s Agile development processes with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Recommends process improvements to achieve higher levels of software quality and to meet overall business objectives.
- On-going management and development of team members including mentoring on advances and new practices in software development, software engineering, and related technologies.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a Software Application development environment
- 3+ years’ experience working in a management role managing a software team and providing technical direction to team members
- Experience leading groups of software and quality engineering team members using Agile development practices such as Scrum or XP.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing team processes to improve quality, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Experience working closely with, or managing, quality team members on projects and support requests.
- Experience building and maintaining responsive web applications.
- Experience with, or an understanding of, automated unit testing frameworks
- Demonstrated history of staying current on best practices in technology
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.