Software Quality Assurance Lead
Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The QA Lead will have the opportunity to further establish software validation and verification practices for our onshore and offshore teams in a fast-paced, startup environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. The main mission of this role is to align current activities and further develop the QA practice within our software development teams. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Lead QA initiative through evolution of QA towards automation and Agile testing
- Implement QA industry standards/best practices with defined benchmarks and measures
- Identify and implement QA tools to reduce dependence on specialized knowledge
- Strategize QA Plans, define QA tasks, and create and manage QA estimates
- Work closely with product teams during early planning stages to understand upcoming changes and help teams think about how to plan for testing early
- Coordinate and provide guidance for offshore testing
- Author test cases to verify that product requirements are met
- Analyze manual test cases and functional specifications to determine best approach for automation
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of technology leadership experience on engineering teams, with several years of hands-on software development experience and 3+ years of test lead experience.
- Experience rolling out QA Best Practices
- Software verification experience and test automation experience within a complex platform
- Experience working with offshore development and testing resources
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Ability to work under only general direction while independently determining the approach to problems and solutions
- Ability to generate, review, and understand technical specification documents related to software development
- Strong experience with continuous delivery practices with automated testing
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and execute on a business strategy
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent prior work experience
Why Field Nation: At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a software company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus - yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- An open workspace symbolized by our “no door policy”...seriously, we don’t have office doors.
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify. We respect and encourage diversity in background and thought. What makes us succeed is the sum of all of our unique parts coming together to work towards a shared vision. Join us – we’d love to work with you!