Software Test Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in release and iteration kickoffs, retrospectives, daily scrums, and other team meetings
- Perform QA activities for assigned tasks such as test estimation, planning and design, test execution, defect reporting, test results analysis and reporting for manual and automation testing
- Collaborate with peers to research new emerging software testing approaches and technologies
- Develop and execute automated tests using selected tools, which will require programming in C#, Java, or other scripting languages
- Maintain existing automated and manual test suites and provide regular test results to scrum team by thorough analysis and review
- Be an integrated part of an agile development team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle.
- Contribute in continuous improvement of testing and development practices to make the team more efficient, deliver higher quality products, and ship on time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of software testing experience.
- Knowledge of software development and testing life cycleExperience with web and API software testing tools such as Selenium Webdriver, SoapUI, or other similar tools
- Hands on experience working with C#, JAVA
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment environments and testing within such environments.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Company Overview:Spok is proud to be the global leader in critical communications for healthcare, government, public safety, and other industries. We deliver smart, reliable solutions to help protect the health, well-being, and safety of people around the globe. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions, and they rely on Spok for workflow improvement, secure texting, paging services, contact center optimization, and public safety response. When communications matter, Spok delivers! EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Eden Prairie, MN