Staff Accountant / Analyst
Work for a fast-rising tech startup in a fun, flexible, team-based environment. Camaraderie is a shared value, everyone has a voice, and we collaborate between departments. Employees are empowered to make a difference within the company and for our customers, shaping our future with innovative ideas for smart building solutions.
Description: We are looking for an experienced Accountant/Analyst to join our team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining department budgets, generating cost reports, and preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial reports for our company.
Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of accounting, auditing and budgeting procedures. You should also be able to monitor daily transactions and recommend ways we can improve our financial health. 3 to 5 years previous work experience in accounting, along with a degree in accounting is required for this role. A CPA designation is preferred, does not have to be current.
Ultimately, you will play a vital role in our company’s financial operations, ensuring compliance with the law and accuracy in accounting. This position reports to the COO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned):
- Prepare state and federal tax returns.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Analyze and reconcile internal general ledger accounts and bank statements.
- Maintain the general ledger chart of accounts.
- Help with the evaluation of internal controls.
- Prepare and adjust journal entries.
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Maintain confidentiality of company financials.
- Forecast revenue and analyze profit margins.
- Manage accounts payable/receivable.
- Participate in budgeting processes.
- Brief senior managers regularly on the company’s financial status.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures.
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to successfully complete each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience (Recommended): Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required, with a CPA certification preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in accounting.
- Broad, diverse background in different accounting functions.
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Intimate knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Previous experience in a start-up business is desired.
- Effective written and verbal communications and strong comprehension.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80%.
About 75F: 75F is a growing high-tech startup winning awards and getting noticed for disrupting the commercial building automation industry. With a fresh IoT-enabled approach to HVAC, lighting, and building controls, 75F saves energy and increases comfort, health and productivity, all while lowering our customers’ carbon footprint. The easily-installed 75F solution predicts a building’s needs and manages them proactively, ensuring problems don’t occur in the first place. Beginning with temperature control, 75F commercially launched its first product in 2015 and has delivered hundreds of energy-efficient spaces to enthusiastic customers. The company is based in Burnsville, MN and offers a unique culture, with flexible hours, training, and competitive benefits.
221 River Ridge Circle South, Burnsville, MN 55337