The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of general accounting duties and with a strong focus on customer service and an approachable attitude. This position will enable our internal teams to move quicker, better service our clients, and to facilitate overall growth for Field Nation.
We are looking for a great candidate who has a solid understanding of the accounting function with smaller or startup company experience. In addition, this is a well-rounded accounting role in a growing company with opportunities to take on more advanced duties in the future. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. We are located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries
- Complete general ledger operations
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Account reconciliations
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Assist with financial reporting and analysis
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of finance principles
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Technical accounting skills
- Previous experience of general accounting
- Previous experience fast growth, technology company a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to analyze and problem solve
Why Field Nation: At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.
733 Marquette Avenue S, #800, Minneapolis, MN