Systems Administrator / Affiliate Manager
Since 1998, PCs for People has been a driving force behind digital inclusion efforts across the US. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, our mission is to provide technology access that offers employment and educational opportunities to low-income individuals, families, and those with disabilities.
Through an unwavering commitment to the communities we serve, we have connected over 300,000 people in all 50 states and Puerto Rico and recycled millions of pounds of electronics. Our services include free end-of-life IT asset management and certified data sanitization, technology refurbishing, computer distribution, computer repair, internet service, and technology education.
In an effort to increase impact PCs for People has launched a computer software affiliate program. Through this program PCs for People shares custom automated refurbishing tools with non-profit refurbishers from across the US. Affiliates leverage the tools to produce high quality refurbished computers and PCsRefrubished.com serves as a common platform for thousands of people to benefit from our collaborative effort.
Software Affiliate Brief Overview:
An affiliate is able to leverage PCs for People’s custom integrated OS deployment and ERP system to manage all aspects of a computer refurbishing business. PCs for People will provide affiliates: automated deployment software, data wiping software, ERP/CRM system access, automated Windows/Linux images and ongoing image updates.
PCs for People is looking for an energetic individual who is interested in leading our software affiliate program and system administration from our headquarters in St. Paul. This position will have operational responsibility for the software affiliate businesses and technical competency to maintain critical infrastructure. This is a rewarding career with a non-profit that helps thousands of people access technology every year. Success in this role will help dozens of organizations efficiently deliver computers to people across the world.
- Operational responsibility of the PCs for People software affiliate program
- Manage relationships with software affiliates across the US
- Keep up to date with computer refurbishing industry developments and maintain awareness of market conditions and competition
- Design and develop new software affiliate tools to assure PCs for People is delivering an industry leading service
- Maintain existing scripts, tools and deployment processes
- Manage PCs for People and Affiliate servers, updates, maintenance and 90-day image builds
- Build a software roadmap and manage resources to design, develop and test to meet roadmap deadlines
- Provide affiliate with a bug tracking and support management tool
- Coordinate with ERP development team to fix issues and create new system functionality
- Provide product demos and manage affiliate onboarding experience
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, sales, outside contractors and management resources, in order to meet performance objectives, deliverable timelines, revenue, expenses, goals and client expectations
- Provide ongoing feedback and ideas for growth and expansion of PCs for People’s software affiliate business
- System admin includes PCs for People Office, phone, server, and deployment support - Local St. Paul support includes network, server, printer, and internal use desktop support
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a degree plus relevant experience
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Proven system development, process management and technical skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to help the community and interest in digital inclusion
- Recycling and refurbishing industry knowledge is a plus
- Some travel for industry events and software affiliate visits
We have a casual, fun, team-oriented environment. Benefits include: health, paid vacation, 401(k), free Internet. Salary range is $45,000-$65,000 based on skills and experience.
To Apply - Please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Word or PDF documents are acceptable.All Are Welcome - PCs For People is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in employment or benefits decisions because of race, color, religion, sex, affectional preferences, sex, identity or expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
1481 Marshall Ave, St.Paul, MN 55104
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.