Senior Engineering Manager
Title: Senior Engineering Manager – Target.com Client API Product
About This Opportunity:
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
This position is part of Digital Client Services (Target.com Client API) product specifically accountable for building and supporting the solutions for managing the platform and guest facing browse APIs for all Target.com clients. The solutions used include mainstream and open source tech stack to build highly scalable micro services that serve the guest facing needs of target.com (eCommerce) via web and native clients. This position involves managing a team of engineers (Junior to Lead levels) in Minneapolis and Bangalore locations while partnering with key engineering and product leaders across Target.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you… Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
Requirements for Software Development:
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with highly scalable and highly available services
- Microservice based architecture
- Knowledge and experience with CICD across multiple cloud environments
- Strong sense of ownership across a wide product portfolio of services
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve across service dependencies.
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.