You'll be a foundational member of our product team and will put your personal touch on the technology that drives this company. You'll work directly with leadership to conceptualize features and will iterate with engineers to get them built. We expect you to get creative, come up with ways to solve core problems for our users and lead activities such as user interviews, workshops, or just discussions with the others at the company.
As we are a small and nimble team you'll wear multiple hats. You'll be doing product design, product strategy, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and any other fancy words you can come up with that will make our platform better for our users. We are looking for someone who gets passionate about challenges and wants to be on the ground floor of building an outstanding product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead research activities to better understand usage patterns and user requirements of the system
- Run meetings and discussions to gain understanding and consensus across the company
- Develop prototypes and incorporate feedback in order to build out new features and improve existing functionality
- Create thorough designs when a high level of fidelity is needed
- Collaborate with engineering while they implement your concepts
- Gain trust of others within the company as you adapt processes and tools that they use daily
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of professional experience in UX design
- Strong communication skills
- Proven understanding of user-centered design principles
- Experience conducting various research techniques to gain insight about usability
- Thorough experience developing prototypes at varying levels of fidelity (sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, etc) and working with others to test them
1401 W 94th Street, Bloomington, Minneapolis, MN