SportsEngine has an exciting, new opportunity for a UX Designer. In this position, you will be responsible for making a huge impact on the overall user experience of our valued SportsEngine clients.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes through Sports. In addition to teaching them about their sports, they also impact their lives by teaching them life-long values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these athletes. To us, they are heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's Top 100 Companies to Work For, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of sports volunteers around the world.
Join us. UX Designer Role and Responsibilities:
- Craft the user experience of the world's most powerful sports management platform.
- Solve problems through design thinking.
- Work with a talented team of UX designers, product managers and software engineers.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype and design informative deliverables to communicate your solutions.
- Help define the philosophy, user experience strategy and best practices in UX design for the SportsEngine platform.
This is the perfect role for you if...
- You thrive on making complex things seem simple.
- You can communicate your ideas with diagrams, graphics and imagery.
- You have impeccable visual design skills and a portfolio to prove it.
- You have the maturity to understand that design is about solving problems, not expressing the creativity in you.
- You insist on sweating the details and focusing on craftsmanship.
- You can work independently to manage multiple projects at a time.
UX Designer Qualifications and Skills:
- Are a great writer and communicator.
- Enjoy conducting user research and naturally demonstrate authentic empathy.
- Are experienced with usability testing and are able to distill key issues from testing, communicate results and recommend solutions.
- Have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS at the code level to appreciate how code effects design and vice versa.
- Have a degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have 5+ years experience designing great user experiences for desktop, tablet and mobile environments.
Bonus points if…
- You are an avid sports fan, familiar with sports-related data (statistics, standings, rules, etc.) or active in the youth sports space.
- You’ve implemented research and feedback standards to a product development team
Equal Employment Opportunity:
SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
807 Broadway ST NE, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.