VP, Business Development and Partnerships
The VP of Business Development and Partnerships will be the catalyst for continued new logo growth at Field Nation.
The right person for this role will be able to continue build upon a repeatable and scalable sales model. They will work through their sales teams by providing the proper coaching and mentoring in order to achieve revenue goals. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
Who will love this job:
- A leader: you set a clear and ambitious vision, but also think holistically about how this vision impacts the greater company.
- A storyteller: you can position Field Nation as a differentiated leader within a highly competitive market.
- A builder: you drive and optimize team performance, engagement and productivity by empowering and developing each individual in it.
- A driver: you set and consistently hit goals with a passion and measure success through data.
- An advisor: you are trusted both internally by our executive team and cross-functional partners, as well as externally by partners and customers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you will be challenged by ability to engage the market with a disruptive business model and creative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team that sets the company’s new logo and partnerships direction
- Partner with the CRO to build out the new logo foundation and create and execute on a sales strategy in-line with corporate objectives and vision
- Deliver hands on coaching, development, and guidance to new logo teams
- Responsible for the acquisition, onboarding and growth of prospective customers
- Strategic Account Selling (proactive account plan creation and execution) alongside team members
- Focus new logo sales team on high potential opportunities by optimizing targeted outbound and inbound activities
- Ongoing curation and delivery of the Sales Playbook
- Collaborate with internal departments to continually enhance the customer experience
- Attend sales calls with direct reports
- Conduct sales calls with high impact opportunities
- Provide input on the Go-to-Market strategy for new product offerings
- Create and managing to a set of sales data analytics
- Collaborate with sales operations to determine appropriate sales tools and training opportunities to communicate our customer value proposition to customers
- Work with sales operations to develop performance metrics
- Recruiting, selection and onboarding of sales team
- Performance management of a sales team to ensure high performing team members
- Negotiate business relationships and contracts
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in key product functionality
Required Experience and Background:
- 7+ years previous management of an over-performing, quota carrying team
- 5 -7 years of B2B sales experience, including executive sales expertise
- Proven Successful New Logo Acquisition
- Proven Success leading a New Logo Acquisition team to over quota performance
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Proven success co-creating and executing a new logo acquisition sales strategy
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, depending on client needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and client relationship skills
- Forged Partnership/Alliance relationships to drive new business lead or revenue (to core marketplace)
- Preferred experience in transactional sell (no pen to paper sales – user adoption required) and SaaS
- Experience working in an emerging growth company
- Proven experience developing sales personnel
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing or related field a plus
- Experience working in technology, IT staffing, or service industries with complex sales a plus
Why Field Nation:
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.
733 Marquette Avenue S, #800, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.