We are Astro HQ and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
- Astropad – Software that turns the iPad into a high-end drawing tablet.
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad into a wireless second display.
- Create stunning web designs and manage our online presence
- Oversee development of the Astro HQ brand
- Produce marketing collateral for merchandising, social media and newsletters
- Provide feedback and improvements to our existing designs
- Create high-fidelity interface mockups for Astropad and Luna Display
- Iterate with engineering to turn designs into shipping products
- Research and study how users interact with our products
- Work with marketing on how to showcase our products
- Experience designing websites and/or software products
- A solid portfolio that highlights visual design skills
- 3+ years experience in visual design, preferably within the marketing field
- Familiarity with Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Self-starter with a passion for product development
- Ability to sketch and create prototypes with your preferred tool
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS is a plus
- Remote work (or our office in Minneapolis, MN)
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility
- Attach to the email three images (.jpg files) of your best work. Include 3 different styles if possible. No links, attach images to the message.
- The email title should say: “For Piet Mondrian: visual designer”
- Include a link to your portfolio
- Attach your resume in PDF
- Say where you heard about us
We are looking for a talented Visual Designer with a stunning portfolio to join our team. As a Visual Designer at Astro HQ, you’d be part of a small team designing products and digital experiences that are used by tens of thousands of creators and makers.
You would be responsible for designing and managing our online presence and brand. You’d also be tasked with helping engineering develop new user interfaces for both Astropad and Luna Display. Also, you would work with our marketing team to develop designs that present our products in an engaging way. You would be our first fulltime design hire so this role would be a combination of product design and marketing design.
Skills & Requirements:
About Astro HQ:
We are a small, bootstrapped startup founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started! We are looking for people passionate about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
We are a fully remote company with a small office in Minneapolis, MN. We offer:
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, make sure your message includes the following:
Minneapolis HQ / Remote
1400 Van Buren St NE #200, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.