VP of Marketing
Sezzle is looking for an outstanding VP of Marketing to join our fast-growing team. We are looking for a creative, analytical, self-starting team member that is excited about the rapid changes in retail and fintech and has a strong desire to help ramp up our marketing efforts across all channels.
You will be responsible for leading and driving the strategic marketing, communication planning and execution of Sezzle’s core product and brand. You will provide the visionary leadership and strategic direction that fosters innovation, excellence, and engagement, and supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
You will lead the marketing team in driving the messaging, positioning and enablement of Sezzle’s core product. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to craft and communicate unique value propositions to our target merchant and consumer audiences and help to enable our sales and client success organizations to aggressively grow the business.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of previous marketing experience and can adapt quickly to new strategies. Industry expertise in eCommerce, Retail or Financial Services is preferred. You must be able to deeply understand customer needs and translate them into concrete business benefits that resonate with our core audiences of merchants and consumers. This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with executive management, product management, and sales leadership. This position is based in Minneapolis, MN and will report to our Chief Revenue Officer.
What You'll Do:
- Provide strategic and managerial oversight to the marketing team
- Develop market-leading messaging/positioning that resonates with key buyer personas
- Work closely with the marketing and customer success teams to develop campaign assets including social media, emails, advertising, landing pages, sales collateral, videos, and presentations
- Review competitive offerings to drive ongoing differentiation
- Drive regular cadence of A/B and multivariate testing across all acquisition campaigns to boost performance on key marketing and business metrics
- Manage and create social media campaigns
- Manage and create email campaigns for our monthly newsletter and nurturing programs
- Identify and develop new marketing tactics to drive additional viewership and acquisition
- Perform regular analysis of all campaigns and proactively suggest improvements
- Work across departments and functional roles, including sales, marketing, partnerships, design, and success to create compelling assets
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of data-driven marketing experience in both B2B and B2C settings
- High integrity, fortitude, creativity, curiosity, and a positive approach to problem-solving
- Digital communications savvy with the ability to guide communications and marketing strategies across multiple channels, including social media, paid search, email, website, etc.
- A successful track record of developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies, with measurable outcomes
- Proven experience leading a marketing function and/or program
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a hands-on manner, adjusting to issues as needed in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment
- The ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and works well independently and as part of a team
- Industry expertise in retail, e-commerce, payments, and/or financial services
- Previous experience with Pardot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Facebook Analytics a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Sezzle: Sezzle’s mission is to financially empower the next generation. We offer an alternative payment solution that enables shoppers to buy now and pay later with interest-free installment plans. Consumers pay over time, but our merchant partners are paid upfront, eliminating the risk of fraud or non-payment. Because 67% of consumers under the age of 30 have sub- or non-prime credit scores, we use a proprietary underwriting model over traditional credit checks to determine creditworthiness, enabling higher approval and repayment rates.
512 N 1st Ave, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.