Web Application Developer 2
University of Minnesota
The Web Application Developer 2 will report to the associate web manager in the Office of Application Development (OAD) in the College of Liberal Arts, and will work closely with other members of the OAD team.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related degree program (e.g., Software Engineering) and two (2) years of relevant work experience, or four (4) years of relevant work experience with a non-related bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL DBMS
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with University Data Warehouse/PeopleSoft table schemas and query logic
- Familiarity with Git (or other distributed revision control system) and common workflows
- Familiarity with CSS frameworks and preprocessors (including Bootstrap), and libraries such as jQuery, Underscore, Backbone, and Vue.js
- Familiarity with building and/or maintaining containerized applications using Docker or Kubernetes
70% - Design and develop applications:
- Continue development of OAD applications. Work in conjunction with existing project leads, maintain/update application and collaborate with collegiate and University partners including Academic Support Resources and the Office of Information Technology.
- Categorize and prioritize enhancement requests; estimate development complexity, effort, and resource requirements; document potential next steps.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and team members regarding technical and functional design requirements; provide recommendations to improve application usability; fix application errors as they arise; maintain access privileges within application suite; monitor application performance and conduct tuning as needed.
20% - Provide client support:
- Serve as point of contact for users of OAD applications (support, requests, training, etc.)
- Facilitate relationships with units/departments seeking application development support
- Represent the Office of Application Development as a support contact for existing projects.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and develop documentation for existing OAD applications
10% - Other
Serve as member of various University application development committees/working groups.
- Minimal direct supervision
- Multiple simultaneous projects
- Continuous project iteration
- Regular contact with end users
- College/University-wide project visibility and impact
About the Department: This position works for the Office of Undergraduate Education within the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, a premier land-grant research university committed to excellence and student success. CLA spans the arts, humanities, and social sciences and prepares students to be independent and original thinkers, to be innovators in their chosen fields, to create meaning in their life’s work, and to become productive citizens and leaders in their communities and the world. CLA is the largest college in the University of Minnesota, with approximately 500 faculty, 800 staff positions, 14,000 undergraduate and 1,600 graduate students across 31 academic units. CLA Undergraduate Education oversees curriculum, instruction, advising, recruitment, scholarships, diversity, access, student support services, student research opportunities, internships, career services, and outreach. Each year the College welcomes 2,450 new first-year undergraduate students and nearly the same number of transfer students. For more information about the CLA Office for Undergraduate Education visit cla.umn.edu/students.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.