Web Content Developer
A leading publisher of children’s books and materials for library, classroom, and trade seeks a Web Content Developer to join our team.
Capstone is a trusted children’s publisher and interactive content producer rooted in education. Capstone creates fun learning experiences to support literacy in a variety of digital, print, and blended media formats for school libraries, classrooms, and homes including the award-winning PebbleGo research database for elementary schools. Capstone is passionate about inclusivity, equity, and accessibility in support of all kids.
Capstone’s Web Content Developer will help maintain, build, and grow the technology behind our corporate web presence and marketing automation systems including our email marketing and loyalty systems. The position resides in the Marketing department and as such, is deeply rooted in meeting the needs of our target customers and providing the technical assistance to deploy a robust ecommerce system, marketing campaigns and lead nurturing programs. This role interacts directly with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and build production-quality code using their skills with HTML, CSS, and Drupal CMS. Additionally, the Web Content Developer provides analysis and recommendations based on data analysis and best SEO practices, and works with the advanced functions of our email deployment system, Pardot. Major systems and initiatives involving this position include web redesign, web content administration, SEO, customer loyalty, and email. The Web Content Developer will play a critical role in exploiting current resources to their maximum benefit with an eye toward continuous evolution/improvement.
- Develop/implement web applications and code using HTML5, CSS3, Drupal
- Serve as support/administrator for core web platforms including web servers, Drupal CMS, web databases, and other CMS platforms including customer loyalty program
- Create and deploy engagement programs in Pardot
- Maintain advanced understanding of the relationship between Salesforce and Pardot in terms of systems capabilities and data structure
- Analyze the site layouts and structures, HTML coding, navigation systems, etc.to optimize content for best SEO practices
- Create, synthesize and provide data driven reports that help us better understand customers and our business and the performance of our marketing systems
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party vendors and coordinate with internal designers and internal IT resources for more involved website changes
- Lead on identifying ,tacking, solving, and prioritizing issues within our code and releases including performing cross-browser testing
The ideal candidate will have one to three years of web master or web development experience and an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience.
Specific knowledge of the following is ideal:
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Drupal
- Ability to code HTML and CSS for desktop and mobile-ready websites. Drupal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Ability to use a CMS to update content.
- Knowledge of modern SEO techniques and technologies.
- Previous experience with marketing automation, particularly email deployment systems. Pardot preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, and a rewarding work environment. Our wages are competitive; we offer training; and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check Required
1710 Roe Crest Drive, Mankato, MN 56002
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.