Star Tribune has an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer to join our Digital Team. Be part of the team that designs experiences for the largest media website in the state across desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. We are seeking a creative, passionate Web Designer that thrives in a dynamic, energetic environment. You’ll collaborate with product and engineering to create experiences that engage and delight our users.
- Create and code websites, landing pages, conversion experiences, responsive emails and more. The ability to take ideas all the way from concept to execution is a must.
- Conceptualize the user experience and interaction design utilizing wireframing, and rapid prototyping. Iterate design based on insights, feedback and user data.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Engineering and Internal Stakeholders on new designs and to evolve existing ones.
- Handle design intake within a project team on the needs and goals of their projects.
- Align with technical team members to deliver creative that is fully functional.
- Present creative concepts to stakeholders in a professional and positive manner, explaining how you have addressed their request, met their needs and exceeded their expectations.
- Create engaging experiences that accomplish the goals of the end user in a clear and understandable way, making the complex and confusing simple and understandable.
- A keen interest in empathy for the customer, taking a user-centered design approach for idea generation to product creation.
- Strong grasp of design fundamentals: color, typography, spatial reasoning, hierarchy
- Good written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Keep current in new innovations and technologies both design and technical.
- Bachelors or design school degree required; 2-4 years proven experience in web design
- Strong visual design skills and use of a diverse set of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch,
- Invision, or similar programs.
- Able to provide portfolio of your work showcasing your design experience
- Cross browser and platform knowledge
- Great attitude and a desire to learn. We look for people who are curious, enthusiastic and self- motivated.
- Able to give and receive feedback well.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.