Windows System Engineer
Building on our strong market position in service to the public sector and our continued 40%+ growth (Fast 50 winner, 2006 through 2010), Granicus seeks a Windows Systems Engineer. Come help us build the infrastructure to support our rapidly growing business!
As a Windows Systems Engineer in the Technical Operations organization, you will join the team responsible for the management lifecycle of the entire infrastructure stack, including the datacenter, network, servers, storage, and supporting applications needed to run Granicus’s SaaS services. We maintain a very exciting, high transaction environment built on our internal cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of data center systems as well as solid experience with Windows based server virtualization. The Windows Systems Engineer reports directly to the Technical Infrastructure Engineering Manager, works in a group with other administrators, and has close ties to the development team.
Granicus’s platform transforms communication within the public sector in support of mission results to help save lives, save taxpayer dollars, improve citizen’s awareness and ability to impact their government, improve public health, and support economic development. Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
What You Get To Do:
- Maintain and optimize performance of the following with a focus on availability, scalability, and simplification:
- Virtualized Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Windows AD Environment
- Document Changes, Incidents, problems and Architecture from a technical support perspective
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and perform system backups/recovery
- Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation, including maintenance windows
- Triage, resolve and document Incidents and problems
- Execute well documented Change Controls
- Take initiative to suggest and implement improvements, enhancements especially geared towards automating Granicus systems.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information assets
Skills & Requirements:
What We Need In You:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Windows Enterprise Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Experience with PowerShell, or other scripting languages.
- Experience with MS Active Directory Configuration and Management.
- Experience administrating Windows Servers in a virtual environment.
- Experience working within an ITIL operational framework as it relates to incident, Change, Problem and Configuration Management.
- Working Knowledge of Linux Operation Systems
- Working Knowledge of Network Storage in a Virtual Environment.
- Working knowledge of Certificate and Certificate Management.
- Working Knowledge of IP Networks
- Working Knowledge of IP Network Services including DNS, NTP, SSH, etc.
- Experience with Linux OS – CentOS or Ubuntu
- Experience with VMware / ESXI Virtualization
- Experience with NetApp based Network Storage systems.
- Understanding of security frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53 and FedRAMP
- BA/BS in a technology related discipline
Currently, Granicus manages the world’s largest and most reliable legislative content network—containing more than 5 million government media files and public records and maintaining a 99.98% uptime track-record. We also have 20,000+ government users currently leveraging our technology to successfully run their day-to-day government information tasks including webcasting public meetings, managing and delivering legislative information, collaborating with citizens, and more. Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
408 St. Peter St, Suite 600, St. Paul, MN