Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The “EDGE Associate” will support the Program Manager in leading the company’s Entrepreneurial Digital Growth Engine (EDGE), which is the company’s internal digital startup accelerator program. In this role, you will be involved in all managing processes including due diligence, evaluating financial models, reviewing startup team documents and pitch materials, contributing to investment memos, and maintaining the investment portfolio scorecards.
- Drive all transaction processes, working in a project team along with the program manager.
- Work with program manager, startup coaches, and startup founders in managing processes and work streams such as updating and tracking pitch practice, scheduling, recording and following-up on EDGE board meetings, and coordinating with the board.
- Responsible for final preparation of board related materials such as internal and external presentations, financial models, and pitch decks
- Contribute to development of EDGE investment portfolio in line with strategic priorities and EDGE investment theses, support idea cultivation and sourcing process with the company’s businesses in partnership with enterprise digital leads
- Contribute to EDGE communication, methodology and processes for continuous improvement (recruitment, training, others) along with project execution.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated technical skills, modelling capabilities, and understanding of finance and accounting
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master's degree, MBA
- Experience working with lean startup methodology
- Experience working in a startup company
- Experience in corporate innovation programs
- Experience with venture capital
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.