At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex world problems like climate change, housing, health care, human rights, renewable energy, and education. And we’re hiring!
We’re looking for new skills and perspectives to add to our team.
Software for Good is a fully remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities. We are searching for a Director of Product Strategy who is ready to be fully engaged in leading the team in creating, designing, and building inclusive, ethical technology that has a positive social impact. The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator, who can hold and advocate for a creative vision, experiment with new technology, and is thoughtful about the impact of technology and the biases of people who create it.
Software for Good is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people from all communities and identities. We strive to include people from underrepresented backgrounds, and would love to know what specific talents and perspectives you could bring to our team and work.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Strategy with extensive product design experience who is motivated to collaborate on mission-driven software.
Our ideal team member is skilled in communicating with clients and colleagues, and is a confident leader driven to create excellent digital products. As part of the leadership team, you will lead and advocate for product design and strategy efforts on client projects, and be the voice of the client experience.
We’re looking for someone with:
• 10+ years of UX, Product or Design experience.
• 5+ years of managing UX/product design teams.
• Strong knowledge of UX: wireframes, prototypes, interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, usability, accessibility, research, and architecture.
• A strong portfolio of innovative, customer-centric design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction and visual design.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience building relationships and partnerships that reach outside of the organization.
• Masterful time management, organizational skills, and executive ability.
• Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals and stakeholders from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
• An entrepreneurial mindset: able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to wear multiple different hats in order to get your job done.
Ideal candidates should have skills and experience in:
• Leadership: Growing, coaching, and mentoring a strong team of product owners, managers, and designers; providing insightful, motivating, and constructive feedback to all roles on the team, while also fostering a strong design culture and highly creative environment for people to thrive.
• Design thinking: Developing products with a focus on empathy first, technology second; performing discovery, research, and design with a human-centered, test-and-learn approach.
• Empathy: Understanding the needs, pain points, and motivations of the people using the software, and advocating for solutions from that perspective.
• Systems thinking: Taking a whole-system-level approach to designing product experiences and creating them in a way that builds an emotional connection, drives engagement, and will scale with new and changing needs.
• Thought leadership: Recognized in the Human-Centered Design & Design Thinking spaces. Is comfortable presenting key learnings at conferences. Networks within the industry to both recruit new talent and new client partnerships.
• Collaboration & culture: Demonstrates excellent collaboration and people management skills, as this role will be working across many aspects of the company to deliver on the compelling vision created. Able to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively within the company and with clients, give clear product direction, and be gracious and collaborative in giving and receiving feedback.
Wondering if Software for Good is a good fit for you? We think we have a lot to offer:
• The chance to work on engaging projects you can feel good about
• A fully remote team, and open to working with employees beyond our home base of Minneapolis
• Flexible schedule with standard core team hours and the ability to work when you’re most productive
• 40-hour work week (for real)
• Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
• 401k and match
• Healthcare and dental coverage for you and your family
• Family-friendly policies including fully paid parental leave
• Education and training budget
• Home office setup budget (including providing devices to meet people’s needs and preferences)
• Potential for bonuses based on company performance
• A bunch of other great work/life perks that don’t fit neatly into a bulleted list
Software for Good’s company values are:
• Open & honest communication
• Holding ourselves & others accountable for high-integrity work
• High employee quality of life
• Social justice & inclusion
Salary range: starting at $150,000
Note: For payment and tax reasons, employees must be based in and authorized to work in the United States.