What you'll do:
- You will have an exciting opportunity to influence and help bring the Micah platform into the future with cutting-edge technologies like AI, ML, NLP, Neural Networks, and creating / integrating to key Data Sources.
- Make a tangible difference within a rapidly growing company that values: Open and collaborative communication, being authentic and humble, a passion for learning, and making smart, and informed decisions to make Micah the best product.
What you'll need:
- 3 – 5+ years of experience designing and delivering production-quality code for backend systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable training
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented programming principles
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience with either Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, containerization
- Familiarity with open source software and tools (e.g. Spring, Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
What's nice to have:
- Key-value storage Redis
- Google DNS
- Google Vision OCR
- CI Jenkins
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence
- Proven experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using K8s/Helm
- Experience in Banking/Finance and Compliance Industry
- Portfolio of code related to AI/ML/NLP, especially in Banking and Finance Industries
- Extensive experience with Microservices, Banking APIs / Core Banking and Integrations
Who you are:
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning and working with technology
- Detail oriented and organized in professional and personal pursuits
- Integrity and clearly defined values, value being part of a strong team
- Desire to work with and learn new technologies as they are released and implemented
- MUST be located and eligible to work in the United States; sponsorship not available
Who are we?
Founded in 2017, the Micah Group is a financial technology firm based in Minneapolis. Its artificial intelligence-based technology drastically streamlines complex lending processes, enabling banks to better serve the small businesses that strengthen communities.
The Micah Group is an equal opportunity employer
The Micah Group believes in diversity and inclusion within the workplace. We welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.