Nexben is an insurtech company offering modern solutions for the health insurance industry. Our benefit marketplace aggregates a plethora of carrier plans and allows users to move fluidly from selection to enrollment to billing. Nexben helps agents, carriers, and employers save time and money. All benefit with Nexben.
Nexben is excited to be hiring a Front-End Engineer to help build out our product. Our crew is small and mighty today (5 engineers!); you will be the first of several new engineers joining us in 2020.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Wearing multiple hats and saying “yes” to a variety of challenges (this is the first bullet point for all our open positions, by the way)
- Implement, test, and maintain new user-facing functionality on our benefit plan marketplace platform
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with internal product and business teams
- Work with our engineering leadership to contribute to high level decisions about architecture and design
- Contribute to our efforts to improve our development practices and processes
How / What
The successful candidate has:
- At least 3 but preferably 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated front-end experience, through a combination of education and hands-on professional work experience
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable, modular and well tested code
- Experience developing within a server application framework is a plus
- Unit testing and automated testing experience preferred
- Willingness and capability to grow and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate in team environment
To apply, please submit your resume. No agencies, please. We have a full-time recruiter on staff who’s got us covered.