Join the startup that’s raising the bar in the assessment and treatment of brain injury! Oculogica is seeking a highly skilled software engineer who excels in both front-end and back-end development to be part of the team that takes our products to the next level.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build software interfaces between system components (both software and hardware)
- Develop and test both back-end services and front-end user interfaces
- Support existing systems as needed
- Collaborate across disciplines to create great solutions
- Perform code review (and have your code reviewed)
- Document software in accordance with regulatory requirements, such as FDA
- Ensure high-level of reliability, usability, and aesthetic quality
What Skills and Experience You Need:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in relevant discipline (e.g. computer science)
- Strong track record of creating high quality, beautiful, and reliable software
- Fluency in C++, C#, HTML, TypeScript, React, and Windows environments
- Competency in source code control systems, such as git
- Experience in Python a plus
- Background in medical devices a plus
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work towards both loosely and well-defined goals
- Love for the startup experience and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with team members
- Healthy obsession for detail, in addition to seeing the 30,000-foot view
This position can be remote, with occasional on-site work east of the Twin Cities metro area.
Oculogica, Inc. is an eye tracking-based neuro-diagnostic company founded by Dr. Uzma Samadani, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota Medical School. The company has developed the EyeBOX, the first baseline-free, aid in diagnosis of concussion to help physicians objectively evaluate patients with suspected concussions. EyeBOX is a 4-minute test appropriate for ages 5 to 67 years. To learn more about the Company and EyeBOX, visit www.oculogica.com.
Why, what and how we work:
- Why: We are passionate about building great products to help assess the brain
- What: We work on bringing objective tools to market for tough medical problems
- How: We work both virtually and in-person as a team and sub-teams. We are flexible on how you would work with us.
- We put patients before profit.
- We put science before marketing.
- We are transparent about our performance.
- We believe in continuously improving.
- We strive for accessibility of our products.
- We value collaborations that not only enhance our products, but that have potential to move the science forward.
- We strive to design and build products that have the highest possible quality and reliability.
- We are not afraid to take on problems that seem impossible to solve.
We will consider contractors to start with a path toward a full-time position.
Please send a resume to Joel at [email protected]