Nexben is a technology company leading a truly radical marketplace transformation by creating the most advanced digital insurance platform in the country. We’re helping companies of all sizes to revolutionize the process of buying and selling health insurance by making it as simple as possible.
Our focus is on making health insurance easier for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best.
Nexben is excited to be hiring an experienced Full Stack Engineer to help build out our product. Our crew is small but mighty and you are guaranteed to make an impact.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Wearing multiple hats and saying “yes” to a variety of challenges (this is the first bullet point for all our open positions, by the way)
- Implement, test, and maintain new user-facing functionality on our benefit plan marketplace platform
- Build scalable backend services and APIs that power our web applications
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with internal product and business teams
- Work with our engineering leadership to contribute to high level decisions about architecture and design
- Contribute to our efforts to improve our development infrastructure and processes
How / What
The successful candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated full stack experience, with emphasis on back-end development
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable, modular and well tested code
- Proficiency in an object oriented language (we use PHP version 7)
- Experience developing within a server application framework is a plus
- A working knowledge of relational databases, query authoring, and experience writing code to access a relational database
- Unit testing and automated testing experience preferred
- Willingness and capability to grow and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
To apply, please submit your resume. No agencies, please. We have an in-house recruiter who’s got us covered.