Nexben is a technology company leading a truly radical marketplace transformation by creating the most advanced digital insurance platform in the country. We’re helping companies of all sizes to revolutionize the process of buying and selling health insurance by making it as simple as possible.
Our focus is on making health insurance easier for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best.
Nexben is excited to be hiring a Technical Lead / Software Architect who will act as both our most Senior Software Engineer and System Architect by providing technical mentoring, adoption and alignment.
Wearing multiple hats and saying “yes” to a variety of challenges are the table stakes.
Your specific responsibilities will also include:
- Partnering closely with our Vice President of Engineering as the middle level leader for the engineering team (25%?) to focus on technical excellence and innovation
- Modeling software engineering best practices as a hands-on full stack engineer working on developing and maintaining our flagship product (75%?)
- Being very proficient in Agile processes and tools
- Managing technical team daily stand ups
- Partnering with Engineers, QA tester, BA, Product Owners to help remove roadblocks and ensure successful sprints
- Collaborate with product owners during bi-weekly retrospectives to lift up and socialize both successes and opportunities for iteration
- Analyzing, suggesting, and making architectural recommendations on the product
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platform (i.e. Oracle, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Be responsible for setting up development processes, standards and patterns
- Ability to act as a manager when needed
How / What
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer, including Software as a Service
- 2+ years of people management experience, including offshore management
- Architecture experience is strongly preferred
- Solid track record in object oriented programming, maintenance, integrations, and scaling (preferably with PHP backend experience)
- Early stage company experience is strongly preferred
- Blend of technical and people skills – strong empathy and diplomacy skills are a must
Why -- the Nexbenefits
Nexben offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, unlimited paid time off, and paid parking (in downtown Minneapolis!).
Our company has been built by a team who likes to have fun, respects each other and isn’t afraid to work hard in the process. This is our culture and we’re proud of it. Collaborating on our shared vision to demystify health insurance is sometimes difficult but always rewarding. The type of problem-solving our team faces daily must be met with curiosity, creativity and grit. So, we seek like-minded people who also relish a good challenge. Every day everyone at Nexben shows up with a synergetic spirit, ready to listen, and with an optimistic outlook.
To apply, please send your resume using the online application link. We look forward to hearing from you!