The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central/NAV Developer will use the latest technologies to develop BC/NAV and EDI integration solutions as part of the SPS Commerce Development team. You must have experience designing solutions in a Business Central and NAV environment, and must be proficient in AL, Visual Studio Code, Git, NAV Development with C/Side, and Azure.
This is a fully remote role; you can be based anywhere in the continental US
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world's largest retail network, and we don't just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don't just grow here, they're made here.
Does this sound like you?
- You're a motivated self-starter with a love of learning.
- You're not afraid to ask questions or come to the table with unusual solutions.
- You know how to not only work well with a team, but also be part of the team in a way that fosters creativity.
- You have a mind full of energy and originality,
- You don't shy away from difficult tasks or increasing levels of responsibility.
What is the day to day like?
The primary function of this role is software development using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and/or NAV. You will the technical expert on an implementation team, developing technical specifications for implementation, configuration, customization and enhancement of Dynamics Business Central.
- Architect, plan, test and deploy NAV and BC solutions
- Analyze business specifications and convert these into technical specifications
- Provide requirement analysis & effort estimates for the development of new features or customization of existing features
- Integrate logic and understanding of business operations, NAV/BC business processes, and SPS Commerce
- EDI processing into a final solution for clients.
- Perform coding/programming tasks to specification and in accordance with development standards
- Develop test plans and participating in code testing to ensure workability, completeness and quality
- Perform code promotion activities to ensure the synchronization of all environments
- Participate in and contribute to peer code reviews and design sessions
- Provide on-going implementation/production support
- Create and maintain functional requirements and technical specification documentation
- Maintain documentation and version control for all entities
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or applicable field
- 3 years of experience in NAV with Dynamics 365 Business Central experience
- Experience in developing solutions with AL, C/AL, Visual Studio Code, Git, NAV Development with C/Side
- Experience deploying code in multiple environments
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Experience using Source Code Control Management (SVN, TFS, Visual Source Safe, etc.)
- Experience with the integration of NAV/BC with other applications including experience with ODATA and web
What is preferred?
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge and experience in EDI integrations
- Experience in developing solutions with AL, Visual Studio Code, Git, NAV Development with C/Side
**EOE including veterans/disability**