Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs, such as WIC and SNAP, as well as with employers and retailers. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran has grown over four times in size in the last couple of years. As a result, in January we became part of the Optum Financial family (a part of UnitedHealth Group). The Solutran team and our platform are now at the center of the most significant healthcare payments innovation in modern history. The journey is just beginning. We expect this growth to accelerate and invite you to grow with us!
There are a lot of opportunities out there, but we can’t imagine being in a more solid, future proof and challenging intersection than that of healthcare and payments. Two of the most exciting growth verticals. Not to mention our solutions bring help to those who need it most.
As a National Account Executive within the Healthcare vertical, you will be responsible for selling Solutran’s S3® platform and all the amazing applications while leveraging internal resources from prospect to close. In this role, the National Account Executive works closely with current customers and prospective customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. They will consult with customers on the S3® platform to evangelize solutions that will help them reach their business goals and blaze new trails within their organizations. Having direct ownership over large, key healthcare accounts, the National Account Executive will contribute to Solutran’s business growth as a valued member of the sales team, working in a fast paced and collaborative atmosphere.
The candidate who will fit our culture will take pride in delivering for customers and act with honesty and integrity. They will always operate as part of the team, strive for innovation, take initiative and be accountable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospect and penetrate new accounts; grow our existing client base in the assigned portfolio of healthcare clients and partner accounts.
- Perform in-depth client and industry research to create compelling business cases.
- Prepare professional, complete, concise, and accurate reports, proposals, and other documentation as required for client facing and internal presentations.
- Establish and grow client relationships by developing strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Provide subject matter expertise support to the customer account teams that interface with health plans for standalone business opportunities and check-ins.
- Influence others to resolve business problem that affect multiple functions or disciplines.
- Apply previous experience to product, service or process decisions that impact multiple functions and/or customer accounts.
- Partner with other cross-functional teams to meet customer goals, assisting with contract management and implementations.
- Meet Solutran brand expectations inclusive of stretch goals through appropriate resource management and strategic innovative thinking, while driving innovation through novel and best in class approaches.
- Ensure understanding of the long-term impact based on market dynamics now and in the future. Plan implementation to product long-term profitable access while meeting short term key brand performance metrics.
- Assist in leading RFP writing efforts when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years’ managing and closing complex sales cycles.
- Experience handling complex payer relationships with accountability for business results.
- Proven track record of achieving quota/goals and exceeding clients’ needs.
- Strong and demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and Sales Automation tools such as Salesforce.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Experience selling to health insurers or technology platforms.
- Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience with client management and account ownership.
The position is open to remote workers.
Company Benefits and Perks
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance plans.
- Start accruing 18 or 23 PTO days per year (based on salary grade) when working 40 hours per week. PTO accrual is pro-rated for our part-time employees.
- Your number of PTO days increase with your years of service.
- 8 Paid Holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus.
- Support for Community Involvement.
- Casual dress when working in the office.