The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is looking for experienced and energetic Platform Engineers to become a part of our dynamic and customer-focused platform team, developing large, and sometimes complex patterns to application teams to expedite their cloud journeys.
As a Principal Platform Engineer, you will join an existing and growing team of engineers and will be primarily responsible for setting the pace for technical strategy, complex design initiatives, mentoring of junior team members, and some hands-on coding work. Deep AWS and DevOps experience is desired as well as strong knowledge around cultivating an inner-source mindset. Our teams leverage the latest cloud technologies, follow Agile methodology, and embrace a DevSecOps culture.
- Drive design, engineering, implementation and configuration of AWS cloud services to support overall enterprise patterns, driving in best practices around infrastructure/compliance as code.
- Develop patterns for effective logging, monitoring, alerting across all layers of application architectures and supporting services.
- Develop detailed design documentation including procedures to meet all security controls and requirements as defined by the larger Federal Reserve System
- Partner with Information Security representatives to develop, implement and/or execute security configurations and controls via code where possible.
- Mentor members more junior than you in the technical areas which the team works within.
- For Principal Platform Engineer
- 10+ years of information technology experience directly related to application or infrastructure design and development, of which at least 7 years of experience working with AWS cloud services is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an Information Technology field, or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- DevSecOps experience implementing or supporting cloud-based applications.
- Highly proficient in DevOps automation capabilities including scripting or using tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, or Ansible.
- Extensive experience with the configuration and hardening of AWS services.
- Experience developing AWS IAM policies for roles and resources including use of just in time access and least privilege strategies.
- Solid understanding network concepts including strategies leveraging cloud native capabilities.
- Well-versed in application and security logging mechanisms using CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elasticsearch, Splunk, and other related observability tools/processes.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience and awareness of code scanning/testing tools (Sonar, Fortify, etc.) and techniques.
- Experience or familiarity with use of containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, ECS), to run the applications.
- AWS Professional and/or Specialty Certifications are a plus.
- Experience with the hardening of docker containers used in a microservices application architecture.
- Experience with Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, automated quality gates, and automated deployments.
- Experience with Agile software development practices & ability to contribute to sprint ceremonies such as refinement, planning, demos, retrospectives
- Familiarity with modern backend layer technology, such as: Golang, Python, TypeScript, Node.js, etc.
- Experience creating solutions with a fail-fast methodology and how to add incremental value
- Experience mentoring other engineers whether on your own team or elsewhere in an organization