Position: Product Manager
Help us build a scalable product that empowers communities to protect and restore forests by leveraging carbon markets.
EP Carbon is building a platform to streamline the development, marketing and sale of forest, wetland and agricultural carbon offset credits. With more than 12 years of experience developing land use carbon projects that generate offset credits, we are growing from a consultancy to a product-based company. We are seeking a proven product engineer who can lead the effort to build a software platform that will help to deliver our product, carbon offsets generated from sustainable land use, to the buyers of those offsets who are our end customers.
You have experience building software products, and integrating them into business operations. You are a software engineer, who can supervise junior engineers. You are excited to work a hybrid remote / in-person job in Minneapolis, at the intersection of conservation and climate finance. We will provide the industry-specific knowledge and workflows, you will provide the knowledge to automate and scale them.
The primary responsibilities of the Product Manager are as follows:
- Work with project managers and non-software technical managers to develop requirements that automate quantitative and geospatial workflows.
- Develop requirements in collaboration with project managers and non-software technical teams that deliver features to external customers.
- Integrate with third-party applications via API in order to consume information and extend platform functionality.
- Propose and choose technology stacks, development frameworks, and express these choices in architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Keep a holistic view of the product, and share platform development with junior engineers while delegating design and some UI development to contractors.
- Appraise new product ideas and develop a prioritized backlog with milestones for development.
- Experience building and delivering a software product while working directly on the product development team.
- Experience leading product development and software development life cycles.
- Ability to provide software development capacity to the project, while also supervising junior engineers.
- Expertise in a favored technology stack and/or development framework.
- We are open to different options, hence the lack of specifics.
- A couple of successful web product launches that you can point toward for similar experience.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match on contributions up to 6% of annual salary
- Flexible PTO policy that includes five weeks off per year.
- Health insurance reimbursement.
- Monthly commuter benefit.
- Use of company resources and laptops for remote office.
- Practical experience in the rapidly growing sector of carbon credits for ecosystem services.
- Abundant technical resources (software and hardware) at the cutting edge of forest biometrics and carbon valuation.
- A flexible, open work environment.
- Hybrid remote / office, but based in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area with the rest of our technology and management team.
Interested candidates should submit the following by July 30th, 2021 (applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis):
- CV or resume
- Short cover letter describing your interest in the position and corresponding experience.
- EP Carbon is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply either to Indeed or by sending application materials to Sammy Youngdale, Operations Manager: syoungdale [at] epcarbon.com.