Make An Impact
Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs, such as WIC and SNAP, as well as with employers and retailers. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran has grown over four times in size in the last couple of years. As a result, in January we became part of the Optum Financial family (a part of UnitedHealth Group). The Solutran team and our platform are now at the center of the most significant healthcare payments innovation in modern history. The journey is just beginning. We expect this growth to accelerate and invite you to grow with us!
We are seeking an engaging and passionate leader driven to make a difference in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration. The Product Manager will work on Solutran’s Smart Card WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) product and is responsible for product strategy, planning, and management of the entire product lifecycle from design through implementation, as well as ongoing product management. The main deliverables and contributions to the organization include delivering an industry-leading product that is consistent with the company’s vision and contributes substantially to company profitability, marketplace presence, and competitive positioning.
The Product Manager guides a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business by building new products, enhancing existing products, and increasing the profitability of existing products. The Product Manager will develop and drive the WIC Product Roadmap in collaboration with internal business partners. The person in this role should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority, and be comfortable managing through ambiguity and complexity. The candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. Strong communication skills are key to success in this role.
Local Twin Cities, Minnesota candidates only, please.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a product vision and roadmap including introduction of new functionality and services that materially expand market reach.
- Meet with stakeholders and participate in strategy discussions for product roadmap. Instill processes to keeping living roadmap highly visible and accessible to all stakeholders so direction can be adjusted as needed.
- Meet with external stakeholders to stay informed on their needs and desired product enhancements. Lead User Group discussions on product updates and planned releases.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on RFPs with responsibilities including writing and reviewing responses, identifying new requirements, and estimating development scope.
- Organize, manage, and lead cross-functional product prioritization teams.
- Take ownership and accountability over the entire lifecycle of the product (design, development, testing, deployment, production validation, on-going product and release management).
- Manage complex project plans to ensure that development initiatives and the impacted functional areas stay on schedule and stakeholder expectations are satisfied.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while also meeting required deadlines.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally, creating a solid track record of building relationships.
- Track and manage issues, risks, assumptions, action items, and decisions through to resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise (functional details) in all areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on project needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in client/prospect-related discussions or presentations.
- Work with minimal direction on complex, technical initiatives.
- Take mentorship role with junior team members to support their growth and expanding skillset to help create a stronger team.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years as a product owner, including experience in defining, owning, and managing product design and road map.
- Understand complex problems and craft simple solutions.
- Experience managing relationships with clients and third parties.
- Ability to conceptualize, research, and evaluate new ideas objectively from a market and financial standpoint and translate ideas into expected business impact.
- Proven ability to strategize, plan, and execute a product through its lifecycle.
- High degree of tolerance for uncertainty since new product development is ever changing.
- Ability to grasp technical processes quickly.
- Ability to envision and execute product adaptations and product extensions to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Government project background preferred.
Learn And Grow
We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. At Solutran, you have the opportunity to work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are both teachers and learners who are valued for their contributions and the perspective they bring.
Company Benefits And Perks
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance plans.
- Start accruing 18 or 23 PTO days per year (based on salary grade) when working 40 hours per week. PTO accrual is pro-rated for our part-time employees.
- Your number of PTO days increase with your years of service.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Support for Community Involvement
- Casual dress when working in the office
Where You Will Work
The position is an office-based position in Plymouth, Minnesota. In this role, you may have the opportunity for a hybrid schedule (in office and work from home) with manager approval.