Product Owner, Marketing Data and Analytics
Ovative | www.ovative.com
Published: May 9, 2022
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Category: Product and Product Management
Job Type: Full Time
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
As Ovative continues to grow at an exciting rate, so does our need to expand and scale our technology offerings. We are reimagining an enterprise-wide, data-centric reporting and analytics platform to support Ovative for years to come. To bring this platform to life, we’re looking for a leader who knows the integral role data and analytics plays in executing successful integrated media planning & optimization, one of Ovative’s core offerings. In this startup role, you will lead vision and outcomes associated with data as products and services, analytics, and reporting solutions in partnership with the Platform team, growing development resources (Data Engineering, Data Sciences, Data Visualization, etc.), clients, and client teams.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an insatiable thirst for everything ‘product’, inspiring team leadership, and great critical thinking and analytical skill. This candidate must be self-directed, comfortable managing multiple stakeholders and use their curiosity, passion, and product experience to identify and deliver what is possible. Their role will be a pivotal one in helping Ovative build new capabilities and experiences that retain our distinctive position in the market and continue to elevate technology as a central part of our value proposition.
Responsibilities of a Product Owner, Marketing Data & Analytics
- Product Strategy to Execution
- Develop a comprehensive data product approach that demonstrates turning raw data into valuable marketing insights
- Engage users to facilitate and translate real use cases into data needs, prioritizing those with the largest impact and creating strategies and a roadmap
- Unlock value by delivering on this roadmap, introducing new data products and tools that unlock new client value, increase user efficiency, and promote increased data access (i.e. self service), data accuracy, etc.
- Use agile and product methods to constantly prioritize and iteratively deliver measurable outcomes
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Partner with our Ovative Data Platform team to develop an enterprise approach to unlocking the power of data
- Work with client and client teams to be their voice, understanding and translating their needs into prioritized use cases
- Regularly engage with Ovative executives on the value of our investments in data using tangible examples that support Ovative’s vision
- Evangelize the power of data at Ovative
- Build data expertise across Ovative Group by providing guidance, training, and education that empowers users
- Act as product evangelist to promote agile development and best practices
- Be an authority on the Ovative Data Platform, contributing to its vision and roadmap
- Engage and empower development teams to understand and solve problems vs. delivering on requirements
- 4+ years of relevant data, analytics, or digital product management experience at an enterprise-level organization, marketing agency, or analytics firm
- Experience in using data to drive marketing activation and measurement
- Experience leading in an Agile environment and with a product mindset
- Demonstrated understanding of data architecture, platform, and data engineering processes
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and facilitation skills in a collaborative environment
- Preferred: Experience with digital marketing analytics software (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, ViQ, etc)
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Product Owner positions, our compensation ranges from $79,000 to $132,000, which is inclusive of a 20% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work.
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace five-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!