Position: Project Manager
EP Carbon, a technical consultancy and project developer, is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing AFOLU carbon practice. EP Carbon, formerly ecoPartners, is a leader in forest carbon and AFOLU projects. For more than 10 years we have built projects oriented to the evolving carbon markets that benefit our clients, threatened ecosystems, and the lives of the disadvantaged. We have been successful innovators in the voluntary and compliance markets. EP Carbon specializes in the technical aspects of project design, planning and development: remote sensing, biometrics and accounting methodologies. EP Carbon has served as technical consultant for dozens of carbon projects around the world, accounting for over 100 million tonnes of verified reductions on nearly four million hectares. We are currently working on projects across the Americas, Africa, and Southeast Asia. Our impelling goals are conservation, impact, and to expand the utility of carbon finance.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that project timelines and deliverables are met on time and on budget. The Manager works closely with program staff and directors to ensure that client objectives are being achieved. Work involves interfacing with clients, contractors, employees and directors to coordinate multiple project development activities. Specific tasks include oversight of project deliverables, timelines, and budgets; developing and managing proposals for new business opportunities; serving as the primary point of contact for clients; creating plans and strategies for long-term project implementation; and facilitating communication between team members and subcontractors. Occasional domestic and international travel is required. Hybrid office / remote work environment, but located in the Minneapolis area with the rest of our technology and management team.
The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager are as follows:
- Collaborate with EP Carbon managers and analysts to ensure the completion of quality work items and deliverables in a timely manner and within budget.
- Act as the primary point of contact for EP Carbon’ current and prospective clients.
- Prepare reports, proposals, budgets, and invoices for clients.
- Communicate complex technical concepts and analyses to diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Host workshops and trainings as directed.
- Stay up to date on changes in the carbon markets, standards, and regulations impacting EP Carbon and clients.
- Contribute to documentation as directed and qualified.
- Attend meetings and conference calls when requested.
- Routine correspondence by phone, email and calendar with clients and EP Carbon team members.
- Three or more years of experience in project management.
- Are organized and attentive to detail.
- Are able to manage their time and others’ time effectively.
- Are able to take direction and disseminate directions to others.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher, Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Have interest in ecosystem conservation, natural resources, or environmental protection.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office software, as well as Windows operating systems.
- Are well versed with correspondence, email, and interpersonal interactions in a business environment.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match on contributions up to 6% of annual salary
- Flexible PTO policy that includes paid holidays and additional three weeks of vacation per year.
- Health insurance reimbursement.
- Monthly commuter benefit.
- Use of company resources and laptops for remote office.
- Practical experience in the rapidly growing sector of carbon credits for ecosystem services.
- Abundant technical resources (software and hardware) at the cutting edge of forest biometrics and carbon valuation.
- A flexible, open work environment.
- A proven commitment to mentoring early-career employees.
Interested candidates should submit the following by July 31, 2021 (applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis):
- CV or resume
- Short cover letter describing your interest in the position and corresponding experience.
- EP Carbon is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply either to Indeed or by sending application materials to Sammy Youngdale, Operations Manager: syoungdale [at] epcarbon.com.