JustiFi believes the world plays too much to process credit cards. As a fully venture-backed payments technology company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, JustiFi is building a payments technology platform to process payments in a uniquely different and better way than traditional processors by intelligently qualifying, routing and optimizing each transaction to lower the effective rate for business customers. If you have always been interested in working for a startup and being an early member of an engineering team to build best practices, you'll want to read on.
JustiFi is looking for our first QA Automation Engineer in Test to help shape and lead our platform testing and public API engineering efforts against new and existing SaaS products. You will collaborate with the engineering team to determine the best test automation strategies for ensuring a stable API contract to customers, baselining platform load capacity, and stable and consistent user interfaces for our software. Our platform is built on Ruby on Rails, so you will have a solid understanding of that framework or a willingness to learn. You'll also be comfortable programming. We are seeking a Minnesota Engineer located in the Twin Cities area. This role is not open to visa sponsorship.
You're the right candidate if you're a forward-thinking engineer with the ability to solve the problems of today, with a plan and focus on compatibility with our platform's future roadmap. You are an out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious and possesses leadership skills. You likely have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to hit the ground running, produce results, and aren't slowed by ambiguity. You thrive on collaboration and building from the ground up. You enjoy seeing and feeling the impact you are having every day and know the equity you received will pay off. Lastly, you want to surround yourself with a team of authentic, high-performing engineers who are as committed to each other as they are to moving the needle in the payments industry. Join us!
What you will do in the role:
- Drive software quality
- Accelerate development team velocity
- Design & implement test platform to stand the test of time
- Guide team's software quality practices and posture
- Work in the Scrum team as the QA Automation Engineer, ensuring that completed user stories are tested and pass acceptance criteria
- Implement automated contract-based test cases and prevent regressions of publicly available APIs.
- Strive towards benchmarking the Platform microservices and document the load capabilities and strategies for scaling over time.
- Work with the Engineering organization to create the software quality, resilience, and performance vision of the future.
Education/Experience that would be a good match:
- 5+ years in a Software Engineer or Engineer in Test oriented role. Ideally working on SaaS-based enterprise software
- Expertise with at least one programming language for scripting (bash, ruby, python, js)
- Proven experience in at least one mocking/stubbing/service virtualization tool (Wiremock, Postman Mock API, Hoverfly, MockLab, etc)
- Experience configuring and using advanced monitoring tools (DataDog, NewRelic, SumoLogic, Splunk, etc)
- Experience with using git-based source control
- Experience running in a cloud-native engineering environment
- Extensive experience with testing microservices
- Familiarity with engineering and testing for system resilience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee's differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.