The Senior Application Developer will work closely and collaboratively with the SPARK Principal Architect on the architecture, development, enhancement, and gradual refactoring of the SPARK loan origination platform. The Senior Application Developer will work with a small, high-performing team consisting of a Product Designer, Principal Architect, and other full stack application developers to design and build new features and enhance existing features using their knowledge of front-end and back-end web technologies using the Microsoft stack. The Senior Application Developer will perform business analysis and define / architect new features to support the goals and objectives of the SPARK loan origination platform.
- Collaborate with the principal architect and principal product designer to help define and architect new features
- Assist with the business analysis and architecture of new features
- Translate business requirements into functional features and enhancements for the SPARK loan origination platform (write code)
- Practice continuous improvement by looking for ways to improve legacy code by identifying, planning, architecting, and developing improvements to legacy code and legacy architectures
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the topic of small business lending (including SBA lending)
- Perform periodic code reviews of check-ins and completed features
- Assist the customer success team by helping to troubleshoot escalated tickets
- Assist with the release process by helping to define test plans
- Assist with the deployment of new SPARK releases and hotfixes during maintenance windows
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices related to web application development and small business lending
- Belief in and practice of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion philosophy. Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing line of business applications (not just web sites)
- Passionate about web application development
- Willing to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal and communications skills Analytical thinking, problem-solving, ability to prioritize and execute
- Self-starting, self-managing, and strong organization skills
- Analysis, architecture, and development of new features
- Analysis, architecture, and development of existing features
- Assist with the definition of user stories / requirements for new features and enhancements
- Assist with the definition of acceptance criteria for new features and enhancements
- Assist with the analysis required to determine the impact to existing customers when existing features are enhanced
- Review escalated tickets assigned by the SPARK Customer Success Team
- Track and resolve bugs based on priority
- Participate in testing of new features and enhancements during pre-release stabilization
- Participate in regression testing per SPARK’s standard regression test plan
- Assist with the preparation of release notes for SPARK customers
- Prepare and release hotfixes during standard maintenance windows or as needed following practices defined by the SPARK SOC.
- Prepare and release major releases during standard maintenance windows or as needed following practices defined by the SPARK SOC.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
SPARK is dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page. Diversity & Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of their core values. They are an equal opportunity employer that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.