We are a precision medicine leader, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients’ everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join an existing team of software developers and scientists that are building and supporting OneOme’s PGx solution. The ideal candidate will be well versed in building, deploying, and securing cloud-based application infrastructure using tools like CloudFormation, Ansible, and Python. This position will work closely with our software development team in a DevOps environment to create and enhance our Linux based server infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Design, deploy, and secure cloud-based application infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation and Ansible
- Manage container orchestration using AWS ECS
- Create and enhance our continuous deployment pipelines and help drive towards continuous integration
- Manage security settings in AWS across all the services we use
- Security event monitoring and auditing
- Security patch management across the cloud environment
- Automating and monitoring back ups
- Hands-on software development leveraging open source technologies to build, deploy, and maintain cloud-based web applications
- Make data driven decisions to improve stability and performance
- Work with a managed service provider on internal network maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing, operating, and securing cloud-based infrastructure preferably with AWS
- Experience working with automated deployment tools like Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation
- Experience running Docker containers in a cloud-based environment (ECS)
- Experience using Git for version control
- Experience with patch management processes and tools in a cloud-based environment
- Experience setting up and monitoring log aggregation services like SumoLogic
- Knowledge and experience dealing with setting up and maintaining security best practices in a cloud-based environment
- Extremely comfortable with Linux
- Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines and geographies
- Strong presentation skills and oral/written communication skills
- Experience developing in Python
- Prior experience with HIPAA or similar security practices
- Prior experience integrating with EMR / EHR systems
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday during core business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements for the position.