OurFamilyWizard is a SaaS technology platform that enables families to co-parent seamlessly across households. With our recent private investment round from Spectrum Equity, we’re now in the same neighborhood as companies such as Grubhub, Ancestry.com, and Headspace. As the world’s most trusted co-parenting application, nearly one million parents and family law practitioners have leveraged OurFamilyWizard to coordinate schedules, record documentation, exchange digital payments, and settle disputes.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will evolve our platform and our partner integrations by promoting sound data engineering practices, driving work on data strategy, regularly assessing the technical state of our data architecture, and giving focused support to specific teams as necessary. You will help ensure that our solutions are scalable, reliable, architecturally sound, and that technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid within a reasonable time. You’ll also be encouraged to mentor other team members to support them in their career growth. If this sounds like a fit for you, please say hello.
What you will accomplish:
- Act as a leader and valued contributor in an autonomous, multi-functional agile organization
- Contribute to the vision and long-term data strategy
- Architect, develop, and operate data products, APIs and services
- Collaborate with other data team members, engineering managers, product owners, and designers to identify and tackle exciting problems and provide meaningful insights to drive positive outcomes for our users.
- Take ownership over internal and external facing data pipelines that are integral to our success
- Understand the high-level architecture of the organization and influence how teams implement logging/instrumentation for their features to capture high quality data
- Find ways to spread knowledge across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices and mentoring other specialists
- Work directly with suppliers and partners to influence technical platforms and decisions
- Initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within OurFamilyWizard
What you bring:
- Strong RDBMS Experience (Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server), SQL, PL/SQL
- Strong experience with ETL pipelines, ELT, and Data Warehousing approaches with data-powered applications
- Experience in Database Modeling for OLTP and DataWarehousing/BI applications
- Data analysis experience with BI tools
- Experience with semi-structured data and textual data processing, transformation and search
- Experience with managing Data Catalogs, Metadata and Data Lineage
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skill sets.
- A strong desire to find the best answer for our customers and our business vs. be “right."
- Low ego, high integrity.
Great to haves:
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with S3 based data lakes
- Exposure to REST APIs
- Experience with Atlassian products for CI/CD (Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Experience with messaging and streaming tools (Kafka or similar)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Exposure to big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with iterative, agile based software delivery processes.
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience in legal technology or legal profession in some way.
Great Mission. Creating a safe and productive environment for families to co-exist is extremely important for us; we’ve been doing it for 19 years and are deeply motivated by adding value to the lives of parents, children, and practitioners.
Growing Team. While we’ve been around for a while, we continue to evolve and innovate. That’s what keeps us going! You’ll have an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our engineering organization as we hit our second stride.
Amazing Culture. OurFamilyWizard has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Here’s a list of our key benefits:
- Health and Dental Care: OFW pays 100% of the premium for employee AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 4% match is offered with immediate vesting. Roth style and Traditional contributions are both offered.
- Learning & Development stipend for employees
- Full access to Udemy online learning courses
- Supportive and flexible working environment
- Top technology, including MacBook Pro